Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Be ye thankful.....

The past few weeks have brought to us sickness - it began with the two youngest with a stomach bug - that worked its way through everyone. Some were very sick with it and others just got a small version of it it seemed. We had a few good, healthy days then another virus - again, it began with the youngest but I have to say hit the 11 year old the hardest.
******
The fever with the last sickness seemed to linger for days and it did, the baby grandson had a fever for five days, the 11 year old had it for almost 7 - we were diagnosed as having Influenza B - after that bout a few had a secondary, bacterial infection of the ears.
******
God carried us through - the sleepless nights, the coughing, the aches and pains, the tears, charting fevers, medicines, herbs, teas - naps, extra laundry, etc. And during every one's illness life carried on.
*****
As I look back I see that this sickness has strengthened us - we see that God once again in His faithfulness carried us through this time. We grew in strength, knowledge, patience with one another, appreciation for one another as some were weak and some were strong - seeing brothers and sisters making tea for one another, gathering up snot rags, getting water, doing a load of laundry for Mom, encouraging one another to eat. I am thankful for those few weeks, isn't that CRAZY? I actually can't believe I just typed that. I still can remember the stress and anxiety of the fevers, of praying as I would hear a little one cough through the baby monitor, "oh Lord, just let her have two minutes of sleep without a coughing spasm" - what a feeling it is to get through to the other side of an illness.
*****
Our illness was small in comparison to the more serious and life threatening and life ending diseases that change families lives everywhere. We are currently praying for some younger people who are facing, along with their parents and family a serious illness. I pray for their comfort, peace and healing. For their lights to shine through the darkness of their illness to touch others lives, to focus on Jesus and for Him to give them true rest in His arms during their weakest, most anxious and sick moments. (pray for Ian, David, Howard, Cally and Ethan)
*****
Today it was shared with me that a young boy, a mere toddler, died by drowning. His family lived next door to his grandparents who had a pool - the little one, in his innocent curiosity fell somehow into the grandparents pool after finding his way out of his house. The parents names are Troy and Jennifer, please remember them and lift them up. I cannot get them off of my heart. I believe they live in Florida.
*****
This life is full of trials, large and small, and in each there is something to be learned and you can trust that there will be strength gained and prayerfully wisdom left behind.
******
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

2 comments:

Norma Hagenow said...

Amen!! and Amen!!! Thanks for the words from
our Lord and your thoughts. these Words strengthen
our soul.

Ma said...

Thanks for sharing all this. I hope everyone is well or at least on the mend. You are a blessing :)