Sus*tain
transitive verb
1 : to give support or relief to
2 : to supply with sustenance - nourish
3 : keep up, prolong
4 : to support the weight of : to carry or withstand a weight or pressure
5 : to buoy up (sustained by hope)
6 : to bear up under - suffer, undergo heavy losses
7 : to support as true, legal, or just
************************
the above is Merriam-Websters definition of the word "sustain"
The Word of God that we have been given is a gift that so many of us take advantage of. When was the last time you opened up your Bible? Today, yesterday, last week, last month, maybe last year?
The world that we live in would have you think that all you need to get you through the day or through the next tomorrow is your job, your car, chocolate, caffeine, a beer, a glass of wine, praise of man, or it would like you to spend your time watching t.v., reading a romance novel, playing a video game, Facebooking, Twittering, sleeping, whatever might occupy your time insert here, we all have them. There are so many things I could add to both lists - but what we NEED is to know our Savior, to spend time with Him, to read and know His Word and to be obedient. His Word is what will sustain us through our days, through all of our tomorrows until He brings us back to Him.
In Psalm 55:22 it says, "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee; he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved". Never - another word we underestimate and read over so easily, He doesn't say might not or that it is subject to whether He may have the time but that He will NEVER suffer the righteous to be moved. Never. Do you believe that? Do you live it?
Christ is here, He is living, He is here to support, love, nurture, carry me, to correct me, to discipline me, to supply me with all I need even when I do not know I need it. He supports the weight of my burdens, of my losses, of my heaviness of heart, He buoys up my hope by His promises in His Word, I believe in Him, I believe His promises are true and His words are just.
I urge you to let Him refine and renew you, I urge you to trust in Him and love Him, to repent, to believe, to be obedient to His commands. I urge you to cultivate or begin your relationship with your Maker, your Creator, your Manufacturer. He created you, He designed you and He has a purpose for your life. Read about the conversion of Saul.
Open up His Word, if you have been to long without being in it and don't know where to start, begin with the Gospel of John, with the book of Romans, the book of James. Pray and let the Lord lead you and guide you back into His Words of truth and instruction for your life. GET ON YOUR KNEES, humble yourself and cry out to HIM. Turn off the t.v., put down that book, He wants you to spend time with Him - do it with your family - gather around His Word and let it permeate your life. Let Him sustain you ♥
1 comment:
Oh, AMEN!!!
Words of life to me tonight.
Post a Comment