Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Friday, April 27, 2012

Blessing in disguise?

I am blessed to now live in a state where I am responsible for teaching my children how to drive - wait, yes, you read that right, I am blessed ♥  It is a right every parent should have.

It may not be a parents desire or wish to spend 40 or more hours in a vehicle teaching our children to drive but who do you want them to learn from?  I am thankful and am enjoying the time so far spent with my girls.  One is 15 and very tall for her age, one is 17 and very short for her age.  My 17 year old came to me one afternoon after spending some time reading the State Drivers Manual and said, "Mom, I barely meet the legal requirements to NOT have to sit in a child safety seat!" She is short, but mighty and has a great sense of humor about her 4 foot 9 inch frame and her size three shoe.

We are already racking up stories of our times together and they are learning what curbs are intended for, turning lanes and brakes. Gravel roads have been fun and noisy, and have allowed them to get comfortable before jumping into city driving.  I am a terrible parallel parker so I have enlisted the promise of oldest son to teach them both that - I think he's looking forward to it.  Thank you Lord for giving me another area of life to educate and to build memories with my children.




1 comment:

mgirl said...

What state is this, that doesn't provide (or demand) driver's ed by the state?