I've often wondered what healing looks like when it is on the inside. When it is emotional healing. We all know the stages of wound healing as we watch broken skin bleed, scab over and grow smaller and smaller as the skin grows back together. The thin layer of new skin sometimes looks pink for awhile and before you know it the wound site is no longer visible, you'd never know there had been such a wound or that trauma to the skin had ever taken place; however, sometimes wounds leave a scar no matter how diligently we tend to it and therefore remains as a visible sign and memory of the wound, although healed.
This is how the Lord heals our inside wounds. He covers them with His love, grace and mercy and the precious blood of His son. His compassion fails not, Great is His faithfulness. The tremendous wounds of His son, healing ours here on earth.
I have witnessed this exceedingly the last few months. This healing of my most traumatic wound to date.
I cannot describe the many visions of what healing looks like to me. Sometimes it is subtle, sometimes it is joyfully obvious. In each I am thankful to my Heavenly Father who truly does hold each one of us in the palm of His very capable hand.
One of the more subtle signs of my healing wound came when I realized recently that I had not posted on Courage Road for some time. I was surprised to see just how long it had been. Over a month!
That remembrance had me pondering just how much Jesus continues to do in my life. I have shared posts on how painful it was to see pictures of my beloved just after he died, to see his clothing, to pack it away, to see his handwriting, to experience my children's grief, to go to the cemetery. I dreaded Wednesdays, I dreaded the ninth of any month. I was thankful when 2009 became 2010. Grief waves washed over me daily, sometimes several times. Certain music was hard to listen to and I found myself skipping over songs on CD's or leaving a service at church while a song was being sung that wrenched my heart. Soon the grief waves were extended in their pattern, until recently I realized I hadn't had a deep cry for quite a while. I have accepted though the fact that tears arising quickly at certain times will be the norm for me, that the ache or "lump in my throat" will be a part of me upon looking or thinking back to certain memories of my beloved. It is part of that invisible scar I will carry.
We just celebrated a National holiday of Thanksgiving. I know all my readers out there are thankful everyday for what the Lord has done for you. I thought it would be a good thing to share that I am thankful for my wound that I carry inside of me. I am thankful for how the Lord has healed it and continues to do so in degrees. I pray you can be thankful for your wounds as well. And remember, everyone has them. They are not unique to me or to you. Remember that others carry those invisible scars or wounds. Be quick to show joy and compassion to others as you never know what type of healing may be going on and you wouldn't want to get in the way of God doing his work in that person.
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:7-8
The road to any type of healing is a journey that is filled with doubts, impatience, and stumbling blocks. We need to have a capable remedy and the knowledge on how to apply that remedy. Our remedy, our very great "medicine" is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who with mere words healed many when he walked the earth. Vital to our healing is a daily application of prayer and reading His word.
How are you doing with that? Are you diligent in using this most inexpensive healing balm? This free gift that is available to all?
I am not always diligent in doing so.....there are days when at the end I realize, yes, I was very busy and I may have directed others and my children to get into God's Word, but when did I find time to do so?
I encourage you to find time, along with me to be in God's Word, to be strengthened, comforted and encouraged.
We are thankful for each of you out there, near and far. We continue to heal, all honor and glory going to our Lord.
1 comment:
How wonderfully said!
Post a Comment