Ruth Charlotte Lindlauf
1916-2012
Our beloved, Grandmother, Great Grandmother and Great, Great Grandmother, Ruth Charlotte Schmidt Lindlauf passed from this world into the waiting arms of her precious Savior whom she knew well.
Grandma Ruth entered this world in 1916 while Europe was embroiled in World War I. She was the second child of her parents who resided at the time in Kongsberg, North Dakota. Grandma's own Grandmother, Adela Grace Williams helped to deliver her into this world, after being fetched by her son in law and driven 3 miles in his horse-drawn wagon.
We have a beautifully written account of Grandma's life that was written by two of her grandchildren. It accounts of a rich heritage because of her love for the Savior that is evident to all.
Psalm 119:111
Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, For they are the rejoicing of my heart.
I can remember the first time I met this sweet, Godly woman. I was 18 years old and engaged to one of her grandsons. I was invited to take a trip with his family to Wisconsin to meet his grandparents, an aunt and uncle and their 4 daughters. She was introduced as "Grandma" and that is what she always was to me. Never did I call her Mrs. Lindlauf or Ruth, but Grandma. I received a warm, welcoming hug that day along with a hand squeeze as her hand sought mine and she held it for a brief few seconds.
I am thankful to have so many memories of Grandma Ruth. Upon thinking of her I think of Jesus, love, hospitality, gentleness, cookies, bread, smiles, quilts, sewing,roses, mail (she always loved sending out special cards and in return she was remembered always and received much mail and looked forward to the mailman arriving), church - if the church was open and having a service, she was there; strength, cookbooks, music, and yes, soap operas and the news. If my sweet hubby were still here, he would have much to say also, he was very close to her.
I am thankful for the Lord weaving this Godly woman, a true Titus 2 woman, into my life so many years ago.
I know there are sweet reunions happening in Heaven and know that Grandma is whole both in body and spirit.
We will miss her sweet presence, please lift up her family in prayers as some will be traveling both small and great distances to celebrate her life. Pray for comfort of this earthly loss.

1 comment:
What a beautiful testimony she had. You were so blessed to have her in your life. I can't help but wonder if it adds to the pain of losing your husband....am praying for you. I am so thankful you have the faith to rejoice in heavenly reunions, when the loss on earth is so great.
I'm from ND and was just in that area this summer visiting my brother in Harvey, ND. I took a pic of a one-room school room just south of Konsberg, you can see it on my homeschooling blog.
http://mommamindyprairieprimer.wordpress.com/
May the joy of the Lord be your strength.
mommamindy.wordpress.com
Post a Comment