Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Holiday observations

My youngest son came to me this morning and asked me what "Day of the Dead" is....I asked him what he was referring to and he said it was on our calendar. He showed me in the month of November that there is a bold, holiday observation entitled, Day of the Dead and another called All Saints Day.  I believe I had heard of All Saints Day but I don't recall other than a bad movie sometime in the 80's ever hearing of the Day of the Dead.  We looked it up and here is what we found.

Day of the Dead

All Saints Day




No comments: