Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, February 2, 2014

A 12 year old blessing

Twelve years does not even an antique make....but twelve years in the life of a boy, makes a young man.  We have one of those in the house now.  My baby (I have to say that quietly when I speak outloud) turned 12 yesterday.

The birthday person here gets to choose what we have for supper and this was the first year in a long while that we have not had something to do with hotdogs. He chose marinaded porkchops, (grilled by big brother Samuel) baked potatoes, green beans with bacon and homemade applesauce. We had Mayo cake and ice cream for dessert.

He was asked to share at church today after we all sang to him and I was warmed by his honesty in sharing something that he struggles with and needs to work on according to him and that was trusting in God for all things.  Our pastor then asked a few men to share and encourage him and they did.  Just in that, God showed His faithfulness to my youngest.  Without his earthly father sometimes I have wondered who God would use here to help him through the years and He has sent many, Godly men to come along side my boys and I am soooo grateful.


 enjoying and sharing cake batter and icing
 Creed happy that Uncle is sharing


 Gid the kid and O'Deller 

 Nomi-roo nuzzling her Uncle
big brother grilling in the cold and ice
 (I never know what kind of smile I'm going to get out of this guy)






Proverbs 3
My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;
2 For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.
3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart,
4 And so find favor and high esteem
In the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,[b]
And strength[c] to your bones.
9 Honor the Lord with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
10 So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;
12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

No comments: