Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Heavenly Father

Psalm 27
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
***************
Our Heavenly Father is the author of our life, He is in control of all, His plan is sufficient for us. The Psalms are full of God's mercy and grace, the majority of them written by David as he lived out his life - Psalm 27 has always been very dear to me, for years.
*****
A talk with my son in love, (whom I have said before that I claim as my true son as he cares for me as a mother) prompted me to remember these lines, especially verse 10 as my life for some reason God has filled with children, both young and older not born of my womb, yet born of my heart to love and care for as they love and care for me, forever.
(((___)))
God's ultimate plan is perfect, and I am thankful for the way in which He built our family, through adoption. Remember always, that the Lord not only created us but through adoption also has claimed our lives yet again through the blood and redemption of Christ. What a Father we all have!
******
So for all those out there that have had an earthly father or mother forsake them, rest in Our Fathers, everlasting arms - and look around your life - I'm sure He has placed someone in it that will be able to love and support you in the way that the earthly person has failed. He is faithful and He is good and He is never cruel nor will He forsake you - keep your focus on Him.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh, what precious words of life!
Thank you for sharing!
HUGS