We are getting ever closer to our final move date - we have been making trips back and forth. Slowly moving smaller items, then packing and moving boxes and larger items.
House preparations took place first here, in order to get this house on the market - then house preparations in our new state in order for us to move in. The 24 year old and 11 year old have been very busy getting things ready there - they have also had a lot of help from other loved ones who are anxious to have us move in. 11 year old son had learned to do some cooking which is GOOD - he has also learned quite a bit about painting a room and finishing a floor. He is a hands on kind of boy so it is great life skills he is learning that he will be able to apply as he gets older. I have seen him really mature the last few weeks and am very proud of him. My 24 year old, well he is very talented and seem like there is nothing he can't do nor will at least read about and try to do - a lot like my sweet hubby. He is a treasure to this mother - I appreciate his hard work and sacrifice in everything.
******
Today we had friends com
e over and help pack, organize, carry, lift, load, feed and visit - I am still in unbelief as to what was put into our 12 foot trailer that we normally use to transport and store our kettle corn equipment. I thought I had more than enough packed but alas, we were able to keep putting more and more in -as if the Lord had lengthened the trailer just for this trip! We will have supper at a friends tonight and leave in the morning pulling the trailer.
******
Tonight will be the last night for some of us - two daughters and both grandchildren will now stay permanently in our new house from tomorrow on. Next week I will come up with three boys and a girl to do the BIG final move.
*****
Last night most of us went to the cemetery to put out spring flowers on hubbys grave stone. The grandkids enjoyed running and playing in the parklike setting - makes me smile to see it yet brings such emotion to the surface to think about what his relationship would be like with them. We even put out little whirlygigs and they spun fast in the wind - it all looked bright, springy and cheerful - as cheerful as a grave stone can. I'm sure most of you cannot imagine how I can type that - let me tell you it is only by God's sustaining grace, love and strength that I can even think of how pretty it looked out there with the colorful flowers and bright colors spinning on each side. Our Savior is faithful and it humbles me often, how He can love me so much and provide for me so perfectly.
*******
I knew that it would feel overwhelming and emotional at some points, this move of ours. It is one of those times as I see this house become more and more empty, the rooms echoing sounds, the walls looking bare. Packing up ALL of a closet, ALL of a drawer or cabinet. Yet the children and I have learned the truth in the knowledge that this is just STUFF - we continue to add to our "auction" room the things we determine are unnecessary or not practical. Wasteful things or things that are not edifying to our lives. And I assume we will do the same as we unpack yet again. This is truly not our Home - yet we have work to carry out here, so we try to wisely remember what we need. Our Heavenly Father knows our every need and He well provides as He is doing constantly. Praise be to HIM who knows how many tomorrows we have here on this earth.
******
Different state, different house, different and new chores, school routines and we hope habits. Time wasting habits - such as computer time for me will cut down - I hope to spend more time in the Word and share it with you here or on our family blog for our grandparents! New baby will arrive before we know it and then another new schedule will be found again as our lives grow and are enriched with another family member to add to the mix. So much to look forward to!
2 comments:
Beautiful reflections penned in a quietly emotional, thankful manner. You are so treasued my dear, young, wise, too early laden with sorrow but now sprinkled with longer moments of joy, child. Many blessings sweet lady.
I am thankful to the Lord that this move was a process and not all at once. I think that was a gift from God to be gentle with the emotions and overwhelmingness (sp?) of it all. Praying for you much! BIG HUGS!
P.S. I like your last sentence...."So much to look forward to."
Post a Comment