My 24 year old son made this delicious breakfast for me and a duplicate for his wife of almost five years.
I didn't know that he could cook so well, not that I would have ever doubted - he is an excellent griller AND makes a mean omelet.
Was awakened by all the kids under my roof to this tray - it had crepes with strawberries and chocolate - (son said he knew he couldn't go wrong with chocolate) hashbrowns and sausage - two beautiful, grape smelling iris' and a fluffy white sprig from a bridalwreath bush.
I joined them all in the dining room and we had a lovely breakfast.
Breakfast was followed by church - we had a church meal where the men did most of the cooking and we moms were waited on quite nicely - another treasure to my day was that my mom was able to be here with us. She lost her own mom, my "mamaw" almost three years ago and we have spent the last two Mother's Day together and that has been sweet.
Its important to remember that Mother's Day is just another holiday the world has invented, we should love and honor our mothers every day they are with us here on this earth. I know many that have no relationship with their earthly mothers, but I am sure that there is someone in your life that God has given to you to fill that void. I know I am blessed beyond measure to be called "mom, mommy and momma" by more than a few, none of whom I ever birthed but that were all born of my heart and grafted into my family by our Heavenly Father who has grafted us into His eternal family.
No comments:
Post a Comment