Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Friday, October 14, 2011

Oh to be three!







But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:20-21

*****

I had the blessing of having O'Deller sleep over the other evening - it had been a while since we had done that and she was very excited. It was later than I planned by the time we brought in her mattress and got her settled and of course Gid had to come in too and bounce on the bed a little. After a while we were ready to settle in and O'Deller asked if we could talk, yes, after we pray, so we prayed and she had a couple of requests. We talked about kittens and then she asked if I thought Poppa had made a room for her and I in Heaven - so I told her Poppa didn't but that Jesus had - she asked if we would meet Jesus in the sky - and if so could I hold on to a kitten and she hold onto a kitten and they could come with us! Oh, the precious thoughts of this three year old grand daughter of mine. She has a sweet spirit and it is a treasure and pleasant distraction to be around, what joy smiles she can bring.


I am thankful for her and the time her parents let me spend with her, it is a blessing to have her be such a big part of my life and to be so close to her.

2 comments:

Joshs_Rebekah said...

Jason Upton is a Christian singer. One day his son came up and asked if he (the son) could give his Papa words for a song...Here's the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuCWfRoUmMQ

(you will probably have to copy and paste it...)

Anonymous said...

Precious thoughts and precious pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us!