Those days passed and the Lord encouraged and strengthened me. During that time I did a collage on my wall in my bedroom so that every morning when I awoke I saw these phrases........
Jesus desires us to .....
Be joyful
LOVE be content BE Patient trust be courageous be thankful
It helped. It wasn't an exact verse, but a compilation of words found in His Word on the north wall of my bedroom. I saw it each morning and even some nights when sleep was hiding from me I would turn on my light and just read it over and over.
I am looking at them right now. The reminders of some of His instruction and I am filled again with awe at His faithfulness. I am content, I love and am loved, I feel joy, I trust Him, I can be courageous and patient because He gives me the strength to do so, I am thankful, oh, so very thankful for the way He has worked in me.
Here it is, almost the eve of September 9th and I am content and joyful, just a year later. Feeling full and blessed, I don't deserve any of that but my Lord and Savior lavishes me with His love and mercy. I can sit here (wide awake because I ate some of my daughters delicious chocolate pudding too late) feel the cool breeze blowing through my open windows, hearing a grand daughter snoring and feel so incredibly blessed to tears.
Oh, how I love my Lord. He is always there with us through every tribulation, every joy, every moment of our day. I took that for granted three years ago, I pray I never get in that place again where I do that. I am confident of His love for me and the future He has planned for me. He still has much work for me to do and I am excited to see what it is and how He unfolds the next 12 months.
I am thankful to all of you who continue to walk along with me here on Courage Road the last three years, lifting us up in prayer, sharing our joys and tears, prayerfully helping you also have hope and contentment in whatever state you are in as well. Our Heavenly Father cares.
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:
Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.
1 comment:
Those words are so beautiful!
I love how you just pasted them right on the wall. It is attractive, but more importantly, spiritually sustaining.
Thank you for allowing us to walk beside you on your Courage Road by pouring out your heart in your blog. You allow us to understand a little more what it would be to walk in your shoes.
Continue steadfast, sister! The Lord is using you.
mommamindy.wordpress.com
Post a Comment