Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

We all made it through another first.
****
God built our family through adoption - our children were bore out of love in our hearts at different ages. I can guarantee you it does not mean that we love our children less it means that we had a different beginning; God's timing, God's plan is perfect. Just as we are His adopted children......we are all related by blood, our Saviors blood.
****
My sweet prince said to me one night that the sweetest word in the world was "Daddy". Being called Daddy for the first time meant the world to him.....it was something he said he couldn't quite describe in words and that is a rare thing for my hubby - he was rarely at a loss for words. His children meant everything to him.....he said he would gladly lay his life down for any one of them.....that included his grand daughter. He was so proud to be called "poppa" and never tired of her saying it - I am so thankful the Lord gave her early speech so he could hear that.
*****
My handsome hubby was a wonderful Dad - he loved spending time with his children, one-on-one and all together. Each one had a favorite time with him, a special thing just to do with Dad. They each knew they could go to him any time and he would stop what he was doing and give them his undivided attention. He instilled so many important things in them. I am so thankful. Each child's heart is filled with memories that no one can take away from them. I love that. I love the fact that God in His infinite wisdom led us to homeschool and to move from a larger city to a small country community to raise our children. I look back and can see how He planned it all to the good of our children.
*****
We missed our Daddy today......with all our hearts. I was able to kind of push it back until bed time then it hit me and I could feel the heaviness of grief in my chest and the familiar tightness in my upper body. I know the tears will come before I close my eyes, so I should close soon. I did something against my new routine and brought my laptop upstairs tonight. I am not alone, my Heavenly Father is right here with me and Mrs Bennet.
*****
5:30 will come soon......
Happy Father's day to all you Dad's .... God be with each of you!

1 comment:

Christine said...

What words of honor for your sweet prince! What a treasure you are too! HUGS!!