Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Traveling along the road....


We who are grieving are walking along a road we never wanted to travel.....what is VITAL is to remember we are walking WITH our LORD - He is our helper.

below is a daily reading from Griefshare:
******
In your grieving, who or what has been your greatest resource? Who have you relied on the most to help you through?

Let God be your most important resource; you must let Him help.

"So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:6).

God's strength is available at any given moment, but you must continue to use it.

Melba, says, "I felt the strength of the Lord from the very beginning. Actually, I thought being alone was just going to be terrible. And it hasn't been terrible. I'm coping with it."

Lord Jesus, I know Your strength is available, but sometimes I don't feel it. Help me to understand that Your strength, stability, and security is so much more than just a feeling inside. Amen.
******
I have said before that what I anticipate is NEVER as difficult or horrible as what I thought it would be.....that is because I need to learn to lean on God even in my anticipation.....He is so faithful.

No comments: