I have found myself feeling pretty closed up the last few weeks. There is always something going on in my mind and heart; just not getting it out as well as I was.
******
Looking back on the time I last posted I think it has a lot to do with the time change the midwest goes through - it is interesting how something so simple as moving your clocks back just 60 minutes can affect daily routines and personalities right down to sleep schedules of the little ones!
****
We have found ourselves falling into our winter pattern - earlier chores so we are not doing them in the dark and that tends to bring supper at an earlier time even if it is only 30 minutes it makes a difference. Kids are ready to be in bed and getting tired much earlier - the games and books come out. We like to read books out loud as a family - right now we are reading a biography on Benjamin Franklin - in family devotions we are reading out of the Gospel of Mark and something new to our winter routine this year is an audio book. We are listening to Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stephenson, we have really enjoyed this and have listened to it on our travels on the road.
*****
Knitting, sewing, games such as Yahtzee and Skipbo are played, along with a nightly game of chess.
*******
Five of us joined the community chorus and have our concerts this weekend - we are singing some beautiful arrangements and those practices have kept us busy every Tuesday evening. This is the second year they have had a children's choir so two of the kids are in it and I love that - builds great memories and is good experience for them.
******
God continues to shine and teach us, mould us and shape us. I pray you celebrate Him daily, for He is the most faithful of any you will ever love.
1 comment:
Hi I have missed your posts. I have a book I can recommend. I went and heard Byron Pitts speak and he spoke so openly of his faith. I sat next to someone who had his book. I skimmed it and had it reserved at the Library. It is Step Out on Nothing. You are still in my prayers. I know we feel the loss of our loved ones forever. Memories are a blessing from the Lord
Post a Comment