Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just what I needed.....

An email devotional that my Dad R** passes onto me was just what I needed to read and ponder this morning - I want to share. In today's society I believe there are many that will relate to this and I pray it helps you as well.
******

VERSE
Psalm 34:5:

They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
****
TODAY'S THOUGHT "No shadow of shame will darken their face." What overshadows you? Unresolved trauma, bitterness, unforgiveness, sense of shame, sorrow, guilt? We are emotional creatures and if we are not careful, our emotions will overshadow us. Instead, God offers us joy. All we need to do is look to Him. But that is easier said than done. We let the mistakes, troubles and traumas of the past cast a dark ominus shadow over all we do and are. Or we spend our time fretting about the future. We get so busy worrying and planning that we don't see the darkness that it leaves us in. Instead, God wants to live in His radiant light. He wants us to live each day to its fullest. He has joy for us if we will trust Him for it. Today, let us come to Him. Give Him this day. Take all your bitterness, regret, and trauma from the past and the worries, fears, apprehensions of the future and trade them for the the joy and love God has for you today.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Somehow I missed this post in the craziness of life. It was just what I needed today. Many hugs to you, my sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

wow just what I needed to hear reminds me of the verse " let us lay aside ever weight and sin which doth so easily beset us" my spelling is bad but you get the gist of it.