Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Witnessing

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8
****
May we all take time to ponder when reading this how we are living a life as witnesses unto our Heavenly Father. How do we live - who do we surround ourselves with - where do we spend our time - Christ tells us He is always with us - where are you taking Him, do you take Him to church once or twice a week and then not think about Him when you are judging, gossiping, drinking til you puke, getting high, being irresponsible, clubbing, you pick. Can you bring up the name of Jesus to all your closest friends or do you have to hide your Best Friend?
****
I struggle to try to remember this and I definitely want my children to think of Him more than just a couple of times a week. He is not wanting to be just pulled out when we need Him. I believe we can or have all struggled in this area. Is your life producing fruit? Are you daily examining yourself, giving yourself that spiritual checkup? I know I need to!
****
I have led my life in a contradictory, hypocritical way before and it leads to nothing but continual emptiness. I pray you are letting Jesus fill your cup and that you are able to speak to Him and of Him, morning, noon and night ♥

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen to these words!!!!!!
"God has appointed me as an apostle and teacher to proclaim the Good NEWS!!!!" II tim. 1:11