Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

God's Word

I am learning - slowly learning it seems to go to God's Word when I am stressed, anxious or sad. Especially then. I am in His Word during other times and in other parts of my day - but when those times I mentioned above hit, emotions can run so hard that you don't want to listen to reason or instruction.
*****
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
*****
I was upset earlier and actually posted through my emotion, which I deleted, yes, it would have shown me human, absolutely, but I pray this post shows me human as well, with flesh that turned to God. Reading His Word and some of my own older posts with Scripture referenced aided me - God lead me to it and I am thankful. I cried out to Him in my hurt and sadness and He, ever faithful was there.
*****
We all need to remember to reach out to Him who cares, who knows us best and loves us best, whom nothing is hidden from and loves us unconditionally.
*****
Thank you Lord for working in me, for calming me, for helping me put the focus back on you and what you have given me, the people that you surround me with that love and support me, you are sufficient and I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, man will always let us down but our Father will NEVER ... He is there for all of us if we just call on Him. May your day be blessed with peace dear one.
"I lift up my eyes to the hills ~ where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2.