Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A gift

I pray that I always convey how loved and provided for I truly am by my Heavenly Father. He never fails us, we fail Him, continually, but He is our Rock and our refuge from all of life's storms.

The past week has been full of life's joys and struggles, the struggles at times seemed to outweigh the joys, but that was mainly due to my own outlook. When I take the time to be in God's Word, to pray and ponder, to ask, I know that He will provide for me.

Tonight I came across a notebook of my sweet hubbys that I had put away in a filing cabinet along with quite a bit of his poetry. I want to share that the Lord gave me such strength as I was sorting through his words, his handwriting, notes from me asking "what is this word" as you see, I was his typist and sometimes even I could not read his handwriting :) In reading through many poems, "to be" songs and mini-sermons, messages he would write out I realized that not once had I shed a tear, but actually SMILED and felt the rush of love as I read tender words about "a wifes love" or "the laughter of my children" knowing that he referred to his family - that my friends only comes from the healing and balm of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Will sorrow still come, yes, I know it will - but God continues to bind our wounds of loss and fill it with the joy of peace, the peace which only can come from Him - I am so thankful!

I am headed to bed with a notebook with three of hubby's writings/studies from God's Word - one on The Mind of Christ - 1 Corinthians 2:16, written in 2006 it says and one on Jacob's Dream, and the final one, a study from Daniel chapter 10. Thank you Lord for still having my husbands instruction to reflect upon.

No comments: