Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Friday, August 30, 2013

Home







Where do you call home?

There are three addresses in this world that list me as owner of a particular home.  I live in one, yet do not consider it my home.  My home is a place unseen to my eye as of yet, it is an eternal home that has been given to me at no cost, from a Savior who paid my debt and yours.

20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ
Philippians 3:20

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
John 14:1-4

Heaven is our true home and our place there is already prepared.  

I pray you know the Creator of the Universe, I pray you are salt and light to a world who is dying....passing away.  Let your lights shine.....may your fruit be seen and evidenced by all who know you.  

Life is truly a vapor......I once read a quote somewhere that went something like this...."its not about the destination, but the journey."  That is truly a misconception of the world....it is all about our destination ♥ Our true, Heavenly home that awaits us. By keeping our focus on Jesus, that is how we will get there to be by His side.  It doesn't matter whose name is on a deed or how many you have.....its about God's son who came to this earth in flesh, lived, suffered, died, was buried and triumphantly rose again in glory.  

No comments: