Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, January 25, 2010

Fruits of last years harvest....

bread making is on-going, year round, just thought I'd include this pic
apple butter

grapes and grape jelly


beautiful sky for an apple picking day


cooking down the apples
God blessed us with a bountiful harvest of many things out of our garden and from our land and others land as they shared their fruit with us
I am so anxious for Spring and everything that it brings.....bringing with it great hope and the opportunity to once again be outside and working. It sounds crazy to most people but I love to WEED and prune my flowers, plants and trees. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of year, if I had to pick one it would be Spring.
***
It is another snowy day here, the wind really gusting so I popped on to look through last years photos and thought I'd share these with you as I am sure you all as well are anticipating the green grass of Spring.
black eyed susans

Jalepenos
can be put on anything!



elderberries
made great jam and syrup
good for many health ailments
over 29 lbs
mmmm......apples
apple butter, apple jelly and applesauce!



one of the girls plants sunflowers every year - this picture is my screen saver



our peppers went wild

potato crop
Daddy used his muscles ALOT for this harvest, boys helped, we girls are the cleaners and peelers later :o)

phlox and lilies

lovely plums
we are still enjoying the jam from these as well as some family and friends who received some at Christmas.....we also made things with peaches and pears, and of course salsa.
I eagerly await planting time.......God is good, the thought brings me joy.




















No comments: