Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Friday, January 22, 2010

Up late.....please be praying

I am having a hard time sleeping tonight....

Tomorrow three of our children will be participating in a state piano competition at a local college....I am feeling inadequate and wondering how I fill that void tomorrow - I know they already feel it - this is something their Dad would NEVER miss, it is another first that is not welcome but will come. I can't find a way to stop the minutes from slipping into tomorrow.....please keep them in your prayers as I know they will be missing him. Events like this the ache and void seem HUGE. Like eating at the supper table the first few times with his empty chair, flashing like a neon sign.

I am rambling....it is late, I do know that we will not be alone. God will carry us through this as well and He will fill us with His peace.

I know what I need to do .....close my laptop and reach out to my Bible which is right here beside me.....I think I will go to 2nd Corinthians tonight or should I say this morning as I notice now it is 12:03 in my corner of the world.

God be with you each....Peace and Grace be yours through Jesus Christ our Savior ♥

2 comments:

Christine said...

HUGS and PRAYERS

Anonymous said...

And it turned out to be a beautiful day and beautiful experience for the children; I am sure they played the very best they could for their "Father" and their "Daddy." They are proud. Much love.