It has been awhile, a week exactly since I have posted. I'm sure those of you who check this blog on a regular basis will be pleasantly surprised and think it's about time for a post :o). I thank you all for your care and concern in following us on this journey.
The Lord brought us through both of our hard dates for the month of January. I don't think the two youngest realize the date significance, but the older 4 do and of course myself. The 9th and then the 12th which was the date of his funeral. The Bible tells us not to concern ourselves of the date and time of His coming again.....sometimes I wonder if I should still be bothered by these dates and perhaps I might always. I know the Lord understands our sorrows though and since He is our creator He knows and understands our weaknesses in things such as the sorrow associated with the dates. I do believe He will turn our sorrows into joy.....He has done that on small scales already.
Our dear Savior has held us fast over the past week. The youngest boy had three rough nights. I finally realized I was letting him stay up too late, I thought it would be a help to him, but the Lord helped me understand the later time was too quiet when it came time to go to bed and his little mind was active in the solitude, active and aching. I believe it took me three nights to realize this because during those three nights God provided us some healing time together. Soon to be 8, this little one who has eyes as dark as his Daddy would share with me his heart, cry, pray and then share memories with me while we cuddled. We looked at a few albums one night, he drew a picture of his Daddy and I with Daddy in green (his fav color) and me in blue.....with lots of hearts and crosses all over it. He slept in one of his daddy's shirts. God is a great healer and comforter.
In 2nd Corinthians Paul writes:
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. chapter 1:3-5
The Lord brought us through both of our hard dates for the month of January. I don't think the two youngest realize the date significance, but the older 4 do and of course myself. The 9th and then the 12th which was the date of his funeral. The Bible tells us not to concern ourselves of the date and time of His coming again.....sometimes I wonder if I should still be bothered by these dates and perhaps I might always. I know the Lord understands our sorrows though and since He is our creator He knows and understands our weaknesses in things such as the sorrow associated with the dates. I do believe He will turn our sorrows into joy.....He has done that on small scales already.
Our dear Savior has held us fast over the past week. The youngest boy had three rough nights. I finally realized I was letting him stay up too late, I thought it would be a help to him, but the Lord helped me understand the later time was too quiet when it came time to go to bed and his little mind was active in the solitude, active and aching. I believe it took me three nights to realize this because during those three nights God provided us some healing time together. Soon to be 8, this little one who has eyes as dark as his Daddy would share with me his heart, cry, pray and then share memories with me while we cuddled. We looked at a few albums one night, he drew a picture of his Daddy and I with Daddy in green (his fav color) and me in blue.....with lots of hearts and crosses all over it. He slept in one of his daddy's shirts. God is a great healer and comforter.
In 2nd Corinthians Paul writes:
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. chapter 1:3-5
We can be assured, blessedly assured that our trials, sorrows, tribulations are for a reason. A divine reason.
1 comment:
And so it goes dear one that God heals ... in His time and gives us insight and direction to comfort the little children which in turn comforts our own broken hearts. Much love.
Post a Comment