Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Revelation

The weather put me home earlier than I expected and as the Lord had planned it - how could I complain? On the way home from the local corn maze we were seeing a beautiful colored sky - pinks, oranges, dark blues, grays - only something God could have orchestrated.
*****
Getting home early meant all the kids were still awake! JOY! I so love our bedtime routine - we gathered, the grandbabies were laid down and all the rest of us got out our Bibles - we were talking about where to go and the youngest said, "how about the last chapter of the Bible?" Sure - what is the last chapter of the Bible - he began flipping - "Revelation, Chapter 22."
******
We gathered there in the last chapter and took turns reading it - discussed it as we went and then after finishing we discussed it more. As always it turns to Daddy - and later as we were upstairs getting ready for bed - my youngest came up and asked if I thought Daddy could hear us when we sang, "How Deep The Fathers Love For Us", which he knew was one of Daddy's favorites. I told him yes - do I know this for sure, no, but it's a hope I hold also. He smiled and I got lost in those big dark eyes of his and told him to scoot to bed!
*****
I am thankful for these moments - these moments of peace and strength. This morning I thought it would be another goodnight over the cell phone but God had it planned differently and I am oh, so thankful.
******
I pray I am always open to God's change in my plans in my day to day life. This last year has taught me many lessons - some hard, some gentle, some peaceful, some bumpy - but always is His faithfulness in all as He lays out what is best for all of us.
*****
Giving Him thanks!

No comments: