A sweet, older woman that I used to worship with called me last week to invite me to a Christian ladies luncheon today. I said yes, that I would drive and pick her up and I thanked her for thinking of me.
*****
An older, Godly woman is a treasure - I have had and still have them in my life and I am thankful for each one that God has placed in my life. This woman lost her husband exactly, to the day one month before my own husband died. My late husband was honored to give the message and do the funeral service for her husband.
******
I am thankful for the time God gave me today with her - we had good conversations and heard a good message at the luncheon. God planned my day for me and He planned it better than I ever could.
******
We can all learn so much from older generations - the experience and faith walk with God is invaluable - they are so neglected at times in today's society - being old-fashioned is just boring. I encourage you to take the time to foster a deeper relationship with those Godly older people in your lives - if you don't have any, go to a local nursing home or assisted living facility, speak with the activities director or the director of nursing and ask if there is particular resident that would desire or benefit from a weekly or bi-weekly visit. Take your Bible, take a hymnal - but most importantly take your listening ears - ask questions and just let them speak! You will be blessed beyond measure and more importantly you will be blessing THEM.
*****
Titus 2:1-5
1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
*****
An older, Godly woman is a treasure - I have had and still have them in my life and I am thankful for each one that God has placed in my life. This woman lost her husband exactly, to the day one month before my own husband died. My late husband was honored to give the message and do the funeral service for her husband.
******
I am thankful for the time God gave me today with her - we had good conversations and heard a good message at the luncheon. God planned my day for me and He planned it better than I ever could.
******
We can all learn so much from older generations - the experience and faith walk with God is invaluable - they are so neglected at times in today's society - being old-fashioned is just boring. I encourage you to take the time to foster a deeper relationship with those Godly older people in your lives - if you don't have any, go to a local nursing home or assisted living facility, speak with the activities director or the director of nursing and ask if there is particular resident that would desire or benefit from a weekly or bi-weekly visit. Take your Bible, take a hymnal - but most importantly take your listening ears - ask questions and just let them speak! You will be blessed beyond measure and more importantly you will be blessing THEM.
*****
Titus 2:1-5
1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
*****
I pray that I can be that aged woman someday, Lord willing.
No comments:
Post a Comment