I still count the months. Don't know when I will stop; as I have said before, there is no right or wrong way to grieve the loss of a loved one.
********
Today is 15 months since I have heard my sweet hubbys voice, held his hand, heard his laugh, watched him with his children, read out of God's Word, etc. 15 months since he first entered into Glory - he has won the race, how can I compare my loss to my sweet husbands gain, I cannot. ***
Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain
******
So on this 9th day of the month I would like to share more prose that my husband had written.
The Battle Won
As parables are hard at times to unravel,
so is the life of the Christian at battle.
Work as we might, to shed the great Light,
we stumble and fall to win as we fight.
**
God is required to dwell in our hearts,
to extinguish the flame of the evil one's darts.
Though all the world , Satan should fill,
we have an Advocate to fight for us still.
**
Christ did come and dwell among men,
that all should turn and acknowledge just Him.
Slowly, as time has crept by once again,
men have gone back to their history of sin.
**
How long must we wait, for sin to abate,
to retreat unto Hell, to eternally wait.
Only the Father knows that hour
when Christ shall return and display His great power.
**
Till then we must hold to the faith of our Fathers,
knowing that Christ by His Spirit has showered,
each of His children with gifts to empower,
as disciples of old did, never to cower.
3 comments:
Your husbands writing truly touched and blessed me, as does your own. Reading your blog fills me with both sadness and awe. You are a wonderful example of true faith and love. Blessings, Tammy ~
Your husbands writing truly touched and blessed me, as does your own. Reading your posts fills me with both sadness and awe. You are a wonderful example of faith and love. Blessings, Tammy ~
Amen! Thank you soooooooooo much for sharing. Hugs to you, my sweet friend.
Post a Comment