Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, January 11, 2010

What a Friend We Have in Jesus

My hubby and I sang two songs to our boys every night when putting them to bed.....I can still hear us harmonizing together.....if we would forget the boys would remind us once they were old enough.
This morning after going to our local rec center I drove into the cemetery and parked on the tree-lined road next to hubby's grave site. I watched the sky lighten and just talked to God and then sang What a Friend We Have in Jesus..... and a few others. I had turned off my car, rolled down the window and was listening to the slight breeze blowing the conifer trees......it was peaceful.....a wonderful way to begin my week and I thank the Lord for giving me the urging to do this.
The other song we sang to our boys was, Amazing Grace.
I pray you each have a Spirit filled week, keeping your eyes on the Heavenly prize offered by God. Your FRIEND is right there with you!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing your heart and continuing to point us all to "the Friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

Anonymous said...

Such a serene time of reflection and thanksgiving for you dear one. Much love ...