Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to our Daddy, Poppa and my Sweet Prince

1970's
this is how our eight year old son lays to this day and has since he was about 18 months old, ankles crossed and hands behind his head.....he has SO many of his Daddy's mannerisms!
***
I chose these older pictures as my heart is really heavy today for my hubby's sweet parents......they anticipated their second child for months, MIL carried him inside of her, gave birth to him and they raised him to be the young man I fell in love with, all the time with God's grace and guidance. All the birthdays they had with him over the years......the celebrations they had, the cakes that were made, the MEMORIES, that I pray shine brightly in their hearts today. Wasn't he a cutie? His older brother and younger sister who share so many memories of their childhood together......I know they miss him more than words can say. All of us do....aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, etc.
*****
********

my sweet hubby was born 43 years ago today in a small hospital in the Midwest
the picture above was taken last year on his birthday, thanks to a private family blog that I have written for the last 3 years I have details of how we spent that day with him and I went on there today in the archives and read about it......(if there is any family that would like to be invited to our family blog, please email me ♥) We had no idea of course it would be our last to celebrate with him ..... God knew though and He gave us many special times with him that I can look back upon. I am thankful.
*****
Our day is cloudy, which was hubby's favorite kind of day, he liked overcast and rainy days the best......slept GREAT during thunderstorms, until I would wake him up by grabbing his arm with the crash of thunder :)
******
one of his favorite meals is underway
we are finding it healing to prepare it, I just put in two nice sized corn beefs
our oldest daughter is making his favorite cake, a red-velvet cake
right now O'Deller is helping her with the frosting
****
I look forward to spending my day with our family close by and sharing memories and I'm sure tears along the way.....we are not alone.....God is with us and I know we are in your thoughts and prayers, thank you!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to a most beautiful man ... in his heart, in his life of sharing with others his faith, his commitment, his love. You are in our thoughts and prayers as is Mom and Dad, brother and sister to your sweet prince. Much love.