Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, September 12, 2010

God carried me.....


God carried me through the day last September 12th - that was the day of my sweet hubby's funeral.
*****
I remember certain things - I remember dear friends and family there to help me with things big and small - a friend who lovingly painted my toes because my hands were too shaky, my mom who gave me a shawl to wear, felt like a permanent hug, a friend who stayed with my children and left with my children so they didn't have to go to the cemetery - friends and family who came from near and far - friends in my house and kitchen doing all the necessary work to have a meal afterwards. So many details - and I know I missed many - I remember a friend encouraging me to eat a banana at the funeral home and I tried - a bottle of water pressed into my hand more than once - a friend standing in front of me to make me invisible long enough to eat a few bites of said banana.
*****
Those details - the minutes that seemed like hours - hearing how sorry, shocked and grieved people were - hugs, oh, so many hugs and love pouring out from people. I was so thankful and touched by the faces I saw, the words I heard and the actions I felt. The best though, the ultimate was the one I didn't feel - God carrying me through - I didn't feel His everlasting arms around me but I knew He was there - He was in EVERY detail. And guess what? He still is - every day, every hour, every minute, every second. He has faithfully walked us through this first year and He will continue to - I am so thankful and I can feel that He is moving me to a secure and strong place.
*****
Do you ever doubt that God is there, that He cares, that He could forgive a sinner such as yourself? I have. Do you have questions, concerns, trials big or small? I do. He is there - He cares - He CREATED YOU - read Psalm 139 - thank Him - KNOW Him. Read His word.
*****
I doubt - I doubted this vacation - could I do it? No, not on my own. We saw this sign in the front of the entry to the fresh fruit and vegetable market we stopped in - I knew He was telling me that He was in the details.

No comments: