Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our last night.....

one of his great grandfather's favorite hymns
Aunt's hands playing beautifully

this is the last picture I have of my sweet prince
his aunt and uncle were visiting from out of state and we had the blessing of having them come over for supper. as was habit we all ended up at the piano after supper for a family hymn sing - sweet hubby held open a song book for his Aunt - a song book that his grandmother used to play and sing out of with her family that was passed down to us. we sang quite a few and his sweet Aunt told us that her grandfather used to like to close their singing with "bringing in the sheaves" so we closed with that one that evening.
*****
hubby ended our night with a family devotion time - I wish I could remember where he read out of, but I cannot. family when visiting would always stay for our devotion time and it always makes it even that more special for us too when they do that. hubby had such a way in leading and reading out of God's Word - I am so thankful for every minute. God's timing we know is perfect - He said our last evening with our Daddy/sweet prince was to be shared with this sweet aunt and uncle - He is faithful!
******

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. "
1 Corinthians 15:57

1 comment:

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing! Praying for you to feel surrounded by the arms of Jesus these next hrs, days, and weeks. Hugs from us as well!!