Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, September 6, 2010

Three more days....

We are counting down the days.....
*****
As I said before in a previous post, I purposefully planned a vacation for this first year date.....and I am just now seeing how God is working this and only He can do it so it really wasn't me. Today I have heard a few of my children and my grand daughter told her Daddy this morning, "Three more days...." they are saying it with excitement.
****
In my mind - I say three more days also with anticipation and excitement - that's when we will begin our vacation journey as a family. A big trip with a big destination. All together.
*****
My heart says, three more days with butterflies in it and a sick feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. Three more days and I have to say my sweet prince has been gone from this earth for a year - oh, that hurts just typing it. My heart seems to quicken just thinking about it.
*****
God is good, He never changes, He is always the same.
I rest in Him, He who has seen us all through this year without our Daddy/Poppa/Hubby/Son/Brother/Friend all the roles he held.
He is my faithful Friend, how blessed I am.
I need to cling to Him over the next few days!

No comments: