Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, December 28, 2009

Decisions.....

I am normally a decisive person......I have learned over the years to be more discerning and with major decisions it has always been hubby, myself and the Lord. We had the traditional, biblical relationship, he was the leader of our family.....and he did a wonderful job.The responsibility of the final decision was his. I wish I knew then what I realize now......just how much pressure that can be to be placed all on one person....but I believe he took it to the Father and then didn't feel as if he were alone. I prayed for him....but am sure I could have done more to encourage him or lift him up once decisions were made.

This morning we had something happen that required a pretty quick decision with an emotional outcome either way. The effects on our little family here will be lingering as we deal with yet another loss regarding two of our animals. My emotions were very difficult to deal with and to wade through to the practical side of the actual decision.....I am thankful for the presence of my son in law and oldest daughter, for helping to keep me on task as to what was/is important and in helping me make phone calls and to do some internet searching.

I want to thank those that I have spoken with today or emailed. My Jesus Hugs girl was especially uplifting.....thank you! You so understand my position as you yourself walk this journey of young widowhood.

God has given me what I sought.....even though we don't always like the outcome, He makes it clear to us most times if we listen to that "still small voice". He will continue to help me live out my life, being my Father and husband, turning to Him to help me make these decisions and discernment's. I am not alone. He will guard my children's hearts and help them, comfort them and to make His grace and mercy evident.

Our boys were doing their copy work today out of the last chapter of Ephesians.......very fitting.
"Finally, be strong in the LORD and in his mighty power."
Ephesians 6:10

I am thankful for His Word.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Your first paragraph is full of such insight and truth. Praying that as others read it they will be challenged to pray more for their own husbands and leaders, to be more understanding and encouraging.

Thanking God for His promises and His reminders we are never alone.