Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A bright and beautiful smile.....

On Tuesday we celebrated a family event.....the removal of braces for our middle daughter. She has been a "brace-face" for over two years and the time had come for her to have them removed. We all went together.....and of course I had to bring my camera along, my children are used to that and are patient with their mom.
*****
We all thought about Daddy and said how proud he would have been of her....her teeth were in great condition and even her gums were in excellent shape. Normally they do a temporary retainer and wait a couple of weeks to do a mold for the permanent ones because the average gums after brace removal are swollen. So she had the molds done that same day and I don't believe she has stopped smiling - that is a joyful thing!
******
I missed having him to share that with.....to talk about how well she did, to share our hopes and goals for her future as she passed this milestone....to share our mutual joy with her as her parents, to take her out to celebrate just the three of us. In my heart I believe he has seen her beautiful smile.
Hope is a wonderful thing.

No comments: