We have a brother in Christ that is leaving tomorrow for his third missionary trip overseas, this time he will be traveling to India, Nepal and Katmandu.
This trip is a little different as he will not only be spreading the Gospel but teaching and encouraging other evangelists - he shared with us last night most of his two hour teaching, text coming from the following verses of Matthew 25. Even the children were listening with attention.
God gives each of us talents in our lives.....in this parable we can gather that we are all given at least one.....examine in your own life what you may be doing with that talent, gift or ability, are you sharing it, growing it? Or are you hiding it in shame and fear?
Truly something to ponder as we walk this pilgrimage. I know I have been doing a lot of thinking and praying and will continue to do so. What glorious words to hear someday when we are asked to give our account....."Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
Let us not grow cowardly or fearful as the third servant did, let us not be distracted by the busyness of life or the enemies lies. God has a plan for us, let our hearts be hearts for Christ ♥
Please pray for Tony as he travels for the next 10 days, glorifying God and seeking to spread His Word.
-----------------------------------------
14For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment