Shared Identity
Griefshare
You shared a one-flesh relationship. Your identities, your very beings, were interwoven with each other. When your spouse died, you lost a large part of your identity, leaving you unsure of who you are.
Marie, whose husband passed away, says, "It was like trying to discover who I was all over again. For so many years you're a wife and a mother, and now all of a sudden, I'm no longer ——'s wife. After being married seventeen years, I had to figure out, what do I do with my life now?"
In order to find yourself, you must first find the Lord Jesus. And if you already know the Lord, then just as He established your identity during your marriage, He will show you who you are now.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned" (John 15:5-6).
Lord, my life is an outgrowth of Yours. May I build my new identity on this strong foundation. Amen
**I have never liked the term "finding yourself", I don't feel the need to go searching for myself by neglecting my earthly duties that I still have....that part of this devotional made me chuckle, I am still married in my heart, I know that we say til death do us part in most of our vows, but that is physical. I do agree that I am having a hard time feeling like I am a whole person, because I do believe in a one-flesh relationship.....my marriage was everything to me next to my relationship to God....and even that I am pondering....I truly believe I loved my hubby more than I loved God. Its my opinion that this can happen if you develop your relationship with God after being married which was my case....I am trying to raise my children to develop a strong relationship with Christ now.....I try to express that it is their single most important relationship in this world, second will be their spouse someday if that is God's will.
***
In Luke Chapter 20:34-36 Jesus is asked about a woman whose husband had died and had remarried then that husband died and she remarried yet again and again a fourth time; whose wife would she be once Jesus returns and we are in Heaven. He tells them this:
34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
When I read this it made me feel extremely sad, it is also accounted in two other Gospels. You see, I was not asked about the future.....none of us are....we do not make our own destiny's, we ask for God's will to be done in our lives and as His children we BELIEVE that He will do us good, not harm all the days of our lives....He is our Creator, His will is perfect, He does not nor ever will require our say in things., we would mess them up BIG TIME and we still do.....I would never have agreed to the taking of my spouse and the end of our earthly marriage. NEVER. I have read quite a few books other than the Bible HOPING for some piece of information that some MAN THOUGHT that my marriage is still going to be going on in Heaven one day....like the country song that is titled..."Waiting on a Woman".....silly me, again, I strayed away from the good book, the Bible. Do I really think that my hubby needs me by him in Heaven to complete him as we did together here on this earth? Yes, I wanted to think that. I wanted to think that he was awaiting me to be fulfilled and happy, to be COMPLETE as much as I feel INCOMPLETE without him here with me, beside me. I am still grappling with this....but God is working it all out within me and He is patient with me....reading Psalm 139 helps me to put things into perspective. God's word says there is no marriage in Heaven between man and woman. (if you have any other Biblical view that can be supported with Scripture, please send it my way)
****
Death has separated my sweet prince and I, my earthly marriage is over, I grieve that along with the death of my hubby. Have you ever thought of that? To lose a spouse is losing two very great gifts.....and granted, this world is different, it is a dead and dying world we live in. My hubby and I often talked about how the world views the sanctity and union of marriage as a throw-away object, kind of like trying on clothing or a pair of shoes.....only the return policy is a little different, yet still seems easy for most to do....the return policy that is, divorce. You see and hear of people "trying each other on", that is not supposed to be! Marriage seems to be something you just try and is easy to dispose of if it doesn't work.
Griefshare
You shared a one-flesh relationship. Your identities, your very beings, were interwoven with each other. When your spouse died, you lost a large part of your identity, leaving you unsure of who you are.
Marie, whose husband passed away, says, "It was like trying to discover who I was all over again. For so many years you're a wife and a mother, and now all of a sudden, I'm no longer ——'s wife. After being married seventeen years, I had to figure out, what do I do with my life now?"
In order to find yourself, you must first find the Lord Jesus. And if you already know the Lord, then just as He established your identity during your marriage, He will show you who you are now.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned" (John 15:5-6).
Lord, my life is an outgrowth of Yours. May I build my new identity on this strong foundation. Amen
**I have never liked the term "finding yourself", I don't feel the need to go searching for myself by neglecting my earthly duties that I still have....that part of this devotional made me chuckle, I am still married in my heart, I know that we say til death do us part in most of our vows, but that is physical. I do agree that I am having a hard time feeling like I am a whole person, because I do believe in a one-flesh relationship.....my marriage was everything to me next to my relationship to God....and even that I am pondering....I truly believe I loved my hubby more than I loved God. Its my opinion that this can happen if you develop your relationship with God after being married which was my case....I am trying to raise my children to develop a strong relationship with Christ now.....I try to express that it is their single most important relationship in this world, second will be their spouse someday if that is God's will.
***
In Luke Chapter 20:34-36 Jesus is asked about a woman whose husband had died and had remarried then that husband died and she remarried yet again and again a fourth time; whose wife would she be once Jesus returns and we are in Heaven. He tells them this:
34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
When I read this it made me feel extremely sad, it is also accounted in two other Gospels. You see, I was not asked about the future.....none of us are....we do not make our own destiny's, we ask for God's will to be done in our lives and as His children we BELIEVE that He will do us good, not harm all the days of our lives....He is our Creator, His will is perfect, He does not nor ever will require our say in things., we would mess them up BIG TIME and we still do.....I would never have agreed to the taking of my spouse and the end of our earthly marriage. NEVER. I have read quite a few books other than the Bible HOPING for some piece of information that some MAN THOUGHT that my marriage is still going to be going on in Heaven one day....like the country song that is titled..."Waiting on a Woman".....silly me, again, I strayed away from the good book, the Bible. Do I really think that my hubby needs me by him in Heaven to complete him as we did together here on this earth? Yes, I wanted to think that. I wanted to think that he was awaiting me to be fulfilled and happy, to be COMPLETE as much as I feel INCOMPLETE without him here with me, beside me. I am still grappling with this....but God is working it all out within me and He is patient with me....reading Psalm 139 helps me to put things into perspective. God's word says there is no marriage in Heaven between man and woman. (if you have any other Biblical view that can be supported with Scripture, please send it my way)
****
Death has separated my sweet prince and I, my earthly marriage is over, I grieve that along with the death of my hubby. Have you ever thought of that? To lose a spouse is losing two very great gifts.....and granted, this world is different, it is a dead and dying world we live in. My hubby and I often talked about how the world views the sanctity and union of marriage as a throw-away object, kind of like trying on clothing or a pair of shoes.....only the return policy is a little different, yet still seems easy for most to do....the return policy that is, divorce. You see and hear of people "trying each other on", that is not supposed to be! Marriage seems to be something you just try and is easy to dispose of if it doesn't work.
*****
The loss of my sweet prince was two-fold, the loss of him and of my marriage both which I treasured and always will. I loved being his "Mrs". God is and will continue to show me who I am.....still a daughter of the Heavenly King, still a follower of Jesus, still a mother to many, still a Grammy to two, still a daughter, sister, friend. God still has a plan for my life, I am still living.....with His help I will not be a branch that withers and is thrown into the fire.
****
I don't always feel like I fit "in" without him.....then I try to remember Christ and how He didn't fit "in" either .... It is God that makes me whole and He will get me there....I do not need a vice such as alcohol, drugs, a man or a career to fill an empty space in my heart.....my hubby's place in my heart is NOT empty.....it is full, full of his spirit and his memories. I don't want to ever fit "in" in this world.....I am just a sojourner here......Heaven is my home ♥
*****
there you have my rambling thoughts on this day
there you have my rambling thoughts on this day
!God be with you each!
2 comments:
Marvelous testimony to your faith.
Thank you!!!!
God's Spirit is working
mightily in your life for the
benefit of His eternal mission and
purpose!!!!
Love and prayers!!!
Thank you for the reminder that our completeness is in the Lord.
Post a Comment