Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Love You - My Brothers, two

I love you – my brothers, two.


- you began your lives before I knew what life was
- you have always been there ahead of me before I knew of time and space
- you held me and you babied me before I knew the depth of your love
- you both stood tall and proud before I could crawl
- you, my brothers, loved me before I knew to love you back
- you laughed with me and sometimes at me before I knew true laughter
- you are my brothers – two.



- you helped define who I was and who I am before I knew myself
- you lived and shared your experiences before I knew of my own
- you both were my idols who showed me how you can fall and still stand tall
- you loved and learned and it spilled into my life before I knew to catch it all
- you loved me, my brothers – two.



- you both are gone, you have left to heaven before me
- you both are missed – long before I knew how to miss someone this much
- you both have left your mark on me before I even realized it was there
- you, my brothers who are at peace well before I know what true peace is
- you, will guide me in my days – until I meet you again in that joy you now abide
- you, my brothers, two – who I love deep in my soul for all time until the end of time.


** written by my sweet sister in love with her permission, an expression of the sorrow she is working through as she continues her walk with the loss of both of her older brothers.

*** my sweet prince went Home in September, then his older brother passed away on June 2nd of this year - both heart related deaths. All three children were two years apart, my hubby was right in the middle.

No comments: