Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Sunday, August 22, 2010

This time last year......

As the year anniversary approaches - the anniversary of the day my sweet prince died, went Home to LIVE, passed away -( I tend to use one of the three phrases to state my earthly loss), I find myself doing quite a bit of reflecting on what we were doing last year.
*****
I noticed just the other day that the locusts/cicadas are making their sounds almost all day - it brought back the feelings of loss in the way sounds can and I realized that that sound will probably always bring those feelings back. Just like certain smells can trigger memories.
******
I keep a family blog - it is private and I have done it for about 3 years now, chronicling by words and pictures the daily details of our life here - I am so thankful for it in many ways - it keeps our loved ones near and far connected with us. We also have been using it as a tool to keep us connected to Daddy/hubby. I popped on there tonight to read and look at the postings for this day last year. It hurts. It is sweet, I drink in his features and can remember doing those things - taking the pictures and harvesting our abundance out of the garden.
*****

That is what we did last year - the 22nd of August was on a Saturday - we gathered jalapenos, green peppers, Anaheim peppers and potatoes that day. It says we harvested over 90 lbs of red potatoes that day - I can remember taking these pics of my boys - what a nice day it was - our youngest was pulling O'Deller around in her wagon - here she is reaching out to her Grammy. She was just over a year old.

******

We had no idea of how our lives were to change in just 18 short days - just a little over two weeks left with him - but our God knew - He was and is today in control. Just more evidence to me NOT to take life, people or your faith for granted. We do not know what tomorrow will bring - so live like today is it - as if the Lord your God were coming back at any moment.

******

I have no regrets and I am so thankful for that - God knew and He took care of every little detail and He still is - I loved my husband, I was able to kiss him and hug him everyday, more than once, we told one another we loved each other, again, more than once a day - whenever we awoke, went to bed or talked on the phone - if we saw one another in person during the day - I am so thankful for the Lord preparing all of that - growing us and strengthening us, day in and day out - our children knew who there Daddy was, a Godly man, a man of integrity - an imperfect man, a man who went to his Bible daily - I have so many pictures of him with his Bible open - and it is a memory we all have that shines brightly.

*****

So, that is what was happening in our corner of the world last year - God knew - surrender to Him that knows all ♥

No comments: