Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, August 16, 2010

One Flesh - 8/16/86

Twenty-four years ago today I became a bride!
****
I can tell you without any doubts or regrets that being a wife to my sweet prince was to date the most important/blessed roles I have ever been allowed to live out. So many memories of our years together - trials, joys, love, children - we had a bond; that due to purity no man can sever - what a blessing! Truly! We didn't always put God first - we had to refine that and He shaped our union and molded us into the "one flesh" that honored Him. I am so thankful for each moment of our 23 years together - thank you Lord for each one and thank you for the gift of memories in my heart of my sweet prince.
******
Our children gave me a beautiful locket that I will put a picture into and wear tonight as we all go out and celebrate together. We had a certain Chinese restaurant that we frequented almost every year on our anniversary - tonight the nine of us will go along with my sweet in-laws. I am looking forward to it and sharing stories and memories with them.
****
below is the song that hubby sang to me at our wedding as someone played the guitar
I can still hear his voice


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhvTBJURc8M

No comments: