Had I not a calendar, cell phone, cordless phone, ipod, laptop, etc - (wow, thats way to many convenient THINGS) I may not have known that it is December 1st today. Why you ask? Because the Lord blessed us with unusually warm, beautiful weather.
Oldest daughter and I took advantage of this blessing and took one of our 4 mile walks, although walking a country mile on a hilly, gravel road certainly counts for more right? We marveled at the sunshine and blue sky, "is it really December today?" We felt like we had arrived in a different part of the world. And we have, if this is December in Missouri, we LOVE IT!
I got an email from my sweet mother in law and she informed me it was gently snowing in Iowa with more predicted for tomorrow and Saturday night. Now at that news, the boys were envious and wishing they might have that Iowa weather.
What will December hold? Only the Lord knows and as we try to lean NOT on our own understanding and totally trust in Him, He will direct our paths. Is this an easy task? No, not with our worldly flesh that we battle, but we have His Word to guide us, to encourage us, to strengthen us, and speaking of His Word, I will be posting more on how we are implementing reading MORE of His word as a family.
God be with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment