Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Friday, December 2, 2011

Isaiah 30:15

Isaiah 30:15:
For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

In Quietness

In quietness let me abide
When light is growing dim,
From earth's distractions would I hide,
Shut in alone with Him.
***
In perfect peace then let me turn
My thoughts to heights above,
And there anew life's lessons learn
From Him who speaks in love.
***
There, while I in His presence wait,
He makes the storm a calm,
And on my heart so desolate
He pours His healing balm.
***
He gives me grace to persevere
New courage to go on;
His love dispel the clouds of fear
And fills my heart with song.
~ Grace E Troy

The above poem was found on the back of a magazine I get every 4 months called COUNSEL - it spoke to me - I looked up the verse it referenced in Isaiah as well. There is much wisdom and comfort in this authors words, the Lord has given or did give her a gift and I am thankful she shared it. Hope you are blessed by it as well ♥

No comments: