We get this small little magazine in our weekly paper on Fridays called "American Profile". The latest shows a tour guide from the Mammoth Cave Park in Kentucky on the front and I have had it sitting on my counter in the kitchen all week.
~*~*~*~*
Last October we went on a family vacation to Tennessee and Kentucky.....we had not been on vacation since our youngest was ONE so it was way past due, 5 years past due! We had so much fun planning and then executing our plans......we planned menu's, activities, rented a cabin on Boone Lake that was like a home away from home. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute together the six of us. We made terrific memories.....memories now sweetened even further as we remember the time we had with our Daddy and hubby.
~*~*~*~*~
On our way home we went through the Cumberland Gap, the colors that awaited us were such a gift from God.....they were gorgeous. The mountains, gorgeous.
~*~*~*~
We had not planned on stopping at the Mammoth Cave National Park, but being spontaneous, we saw a sign and stopped. We found a sweet little cabin for a night, the deer were so tame the almost came up to us and ate out of our hands, almost! We went on two tours and the first tour we went on was guided by a man who captivated us from his first words.....his name was Jerry and he was from a long line of men whom intimately knew the Cave. You can read his story here: http://www.americanprofile.com/article/36421.html He shared quite a history with us.
~*~*~*~*
One of my first reactions upon seeing this man's smiling face on the cover of this magazine was to share it.....so I told the kids and left it out on the counter top all week for them to read at their leisure. It took me until today to realize it was still sitting there and why. It struck me I was waiting to show it to my hubby....I couldn't quite realize why I didn't want to throw it away yet. It made me sad and it has bothered me all day, so I decided to share it with you and to tell you about it......now maybe I can throw this magazine away :o)
~*~*~*~*
If you are ever in the area.....plan a trip to the Mammoth Caves.....they were truly a neat thing to witness.
No comments:
Post a Comment