Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Spirit Come

Come O Spirit to my mind
Strengthened by your Holy sign
Though all my mind and body be
Exhausted, tired, it searches thee.

Do not hide your face from me
For all I have belongs to thee
Help me by humility
To see in all security
Because the love you’ve shown to me.

You came and died that we might see,
The wonderful sacrifice you came to be.
So please don’t let the world steal
The greatest gift which you revealed.

Then grant the Spirit to commend,
My body, soul and all there in.
And to your side alone I flee.
To seek true peace so great and free.

The words which flow from heart to pen
Can never describe the love within.
At best it is but an image bright
As a mirror reflects the outer most light.

I need the Spirit to come and defend
The faith God sowed in the heart of a friend.
When all seems lost and hopelessly bleak
I need you the more to come and to speak.

Words of assurance to calm the storm
Brought on by men who seek to scorn
If scorn and hatred is what I must bear,
Then give me resilience and I’ll not despair.

Apart from you there is nothing to gain
Except for that which the world does strain.
Money and power are held with esteem
Eroding the soul, leaving only a dream.

So grant me the Spirit, that I may tell
So clearly the difference between Heaven and Hell
And when my walk here on Earth is done
Bring me to Heaven to praise thy Dear Son
Forever in paradise, for Jesus has won.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May we all pray this prayer!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ... Hope you are all feeling much better. Love to all.