Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, November 16, 2009

Thank you for sharing a special verse!

Thank you to those of you who shared your favorite verses.....I enjoyed reading them and if you have not had time to post yours.....please share when you have time.

~*~*~*~*
This one will always be in my heart, forever imprinted and someone else shared it:

John 14: 1-4Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am there ye may be also. And whither I go you know and the way you know.

~*~*~*~*

The above chapter and verses were what I read to the children the night their Daddy died.....I thank God for leading me to those verses....so many things were floating through my heart and mind that night of course....and I can still feel the darkness trying to surround me as everything seemed to be crashing in on me.....the details slip in and out of my mind even now. I can remember being unusually calm.....the peace of the Lord was coursing through me even though I could feel my world crashing down on the inside as well. My home was full of people....Christian brothers and sisters were gathering with us, never needing to be asked.

~*~*~*

I had to wait for my middle and oldest sons to arrive as they were under the impression that Daddy had been taken to a hospital an hour away.....they had no cell phone with them so a kind friend drove to find them and turn them around. During that time when they arrived at the hospital a police officer told them of his death which was not the way I intended my 10 year old to find out.....it broke my heart that he had to find out that way, but God was in control.

~***~~~***~

My hubby had been reading out of John chapter 14 just a few days before during our family devotions that he led every night. I knew that was where I was supposed to be....so I gathered my children, all five, my son-in-law, whom I sometimes refer to as my son, our grand daughter and there might have been a family friend up there for support, I don't recall as my mind was focused on my task and my children.....I went and sat on our bed, had them join me and told them I had a few things to tell them....I began reading out of John 14.....and told them that their Daddy had been taken to that place that the Lord had prepared for him....that he had died that night, that God took him HOME. The floodgates opened for all of us.....I was holding as many as I physically could hold as they all dove towards my arms.....I don't know how long we held one another, how long we cried, someone prayed.....then I prayed. Some time later we all wandered back downstairs to the kitchen......our kitchen was even fuller with people. Again, such a comfort. Friends I hadn't seen for months were there.....praying, hugging, loving on the kids.....sharing the Love that God commands us to have for one another. I know it was well after midnight when most left....although a couple spent the night, which also was welcome.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all a part of your healing/grieving process dear child and each day will get a little easier for you ... each step hand in hand with God who will lead you all to a place of solace and comfort. Much love ...

Anonymous said...

I continue to think of you and try to check your blog weekly. Some of your feelings mirror my own. There are so many things that trigger a memory - i.e. a television show we shared with our loved one. We might not watch it on our own but because they enjoyed it, we shared with them. I know the Lord wants to guide our steps and I hope we will place our hand in His.

Christine said...

I can relate: The week before my husband went Home to be with the Lord, we listen to a sermon called "What's Up With Heaven". When the time came to tell my sons, I could refer back to that sermon. God's hand was in it all. I try to remember that He knew from the beginning I would be were I am today needing what I need today. The Lord is in control. Time and time again He reminds me to rest in that truth.