He provided well for us yesterday, as always. Sometimes it is just that we have our Spiritual eyes closed to His works.....
******
We enjoyed our day together.....it started off a little bumpy as when we went out to leave our van was DEAD and we had to make a few phone calls and a friends husband came to the rescue and jumped the van and we headed out. We didn't make it in time for the youngest so they rescheduled him for after lunch and we relaxed and waited for 10:38 for youngest daughter to play. We then all went out to eat at a favorite Chinese place and laughed and teased and talked. I thought of my sweet prince often.....we would normally hold hands as we sat and listened to the kids, squeezing hands when they did well or when they made a mistake......or look at one another and smile. I quietly cried just a little as I watched our youngest play and a few funny things happened that I longed to share with my hubby. God is so good though and He did fill my heart with a peace even amidst my longing.
******
The weather was so beautiful we were able to all go for a long walk at home, then we prepared to go to a friends church later for a Thanksgiving Fellowship meal, so we met new people, saw some old friends and felt surrounded, again by His love. A lovely new friend played the piano and some of us gathered and sang some Christmas songs, along with my middle daughter who I let hit the high notes that I can't even begin to reach. God has given her a beautiful soprano voice and I love hearing her sing.
******
I thank you for thinking of us and praying for us. God is faithful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment