Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.
the Strength verse for today is from Psalm 147, verse 5
*****
We as humans seem to always underestimate or to completely forget the strength and mighty power of our Lord. What seems to us an impossible task is EXTREMELY possible for our Lord and Savior.....my goodness....He hung the stars and moon in the sky, He has the ability to see everything, at once, 24/7......now if that isn't amazing, tell me something that is....as a mother I'd love to be able to see MY children at all at once all the time. (all though my 10 year old thinks I do have that ability :)
~*~*~*~
That is what I did as Thanksgiving day drew ever closer.....if I would have had the ability to put brakes on the days and times I would have stopped at Wednesday and skipped to Friday. But, as a friend told me, the more we anticipate something being hard/difficult or bad it comes and it is never as bad as we had imagined it to be.
*******
The afternoon and evening had difficult moments for all of us. I felt a thankfulness for being together with loved ones who understood and whom were also going through the same difficulty. It was hard for me to watch someone else carve the meat.....something hubby had always done, a family tradition. It was hard watching others go through their moments....but it was also healing and that evening I was incredibly thankful for the presence of my God.....for helping me, the kids and my husbands family get through the day and knowing that for us there were yet many tomorrows that we have to live out for God.
~*~*~*~*~
I pray you all had a blessed day and that you were drawn to be with friends and family.....that you also felt God's presence among the love of those around you and the ones whom we have all lost, (yet for them it is GAIN) to our Heavenly Father.
He is faithful ♥
1 comment:
Yes, I understand completely as we travel this path of firsts without our loved ones. I know it is different when the individual was with you almost constantly. I know I have wanted to just vent to Mom and now someone else has to listen to me. Most of the time, it is one of my sisters. I am glad you were surrounded by loved ones. I am waiting for the next part of your courtship. Your blog makes me realize how much I do not know or remember. Glad you have so many who are just a phone call away.
Post a Comment