Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Saturday, February 27, 2010

OUR Gentle Healer

Here is a pic of the latest balm that God has used in healing our wounds. He is one month old today. He is reaching out and holding the tip of my finger as I take his picture. ( You can see I am still wearing my sweet princes ring on my middle finger. )
******
My hubby and I had an early appreciation for Michael Card......dear friends of ours that we met in the dorm in married student housing turned us on to his music and we have followed him ever since. We have been blessed to have attended three of his church concerts in various cities during our marriage. We love his gift of music.
Hubby and I often sang the song on the right today, (the Gentle Healer) together, I loved harmonizing with him. The kids liked to listen to us too, the dogs never howled so that was a good sign. I tease, because if you've ever heard my hubby sing, you know God blessed him with a beautiful tenor voice that I know he still uses, even today to glorify God with.
*******
Jesus while He walked the Earth healed many, many people. He is still living, we do serve a living Savior and His healing continues. Our hearts, minds and bodies are to be lifted up to Him daily. Praise be to God for our trials and joys.
******
We read Philippians chapter 4 tonight.
A good chapter to ponder and meditate on at any point in life......but especially when we think we have it bad....and remember, at the time Paul was lead to write this book he was in prison. Not prison as we know it today either.
Open you Bibles and read it when you can.
Peace and joy be with you each ♥

2 comments:

Christine said...

He is getting so big and still just as precious! Thanks for the updated picture.

Anonymous said...

The "Gentle Healer" by M. Card is
my favorite of all his works.
Thanks for sharing.
Jesus IS that healer!!!!!
Anonymous