Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thankful.....

Just feeling extra thankful today - for so many things. Have had a sinus cold the last few days and less sleep than normal, which means I lay awake and when I am awake in the middle of the night I am normally praying - so I have had extra praying time for many people - thank you Lord for putting people on my mind during those moments so that I can lift them up to you.

He is gracious and so faithful, so thankful for the ultimate sacrifice of our Lord on the cross - we have been reading through the Bible as I mentioned in an earlier post and we are in Leviticus - my 9 year old asked why we don't have to do sacrifices any more - it opened up a great conversation that I am thankful for.

Our weather has been incredibly warm for this time of year - today it is already over 50 and its just a few minutes shy of noon. We may hit sixty - now, if I didn't have full sinus' I would be going on one of my four mile walks - I was looking forward to doing that a couple of days ago when I read the forecast - that's why we should always say, Lord willing - Lord willing I will do that - but He had different plans and I am okay with that. I can still see the beautiful sun and hang all of our clothes out on the line that I am washing - I love that!

I hope you can all find a few things or MORE to be thankful for - I could wallow in the being a single parent, lonely, feel sorry for myself state that I struggle with - not being content, but this is what the Lord has willed for me, this is His plan and who am I to say He was wrong, it just makes me need Him even more, moment by moment, I pray you know Him and are trusting in Him for your every provision - He cares about every detail and He loves you more than you can imagine - you are His creation after all ♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully Written!

Christine said...

Many Hugs to you, my sweet friend!