We all have a few favorites that we seem to turn to over and over in our lives.....I was just wondering if you would share? Even if you have an i.d. on here you can still post your comment anonymously, just click that option when leaving your message.
~*~*~*~*
The strength verse for today comes from Isaiah and hangs on a piece of wood in my middle daughter's bedroom.....I had been reading it alot and really have focused on it. We all need His peace!
*~~~~~*
*~~~~~*
So, please take time to share a verse by leaving a comment, or your "life" verse if you have one.
two good websites that have Bible searches are
or
they are good resources for looking up Scripture.
I have turned over and over in my life to
Psalm 27
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me
2 When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh,
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.
4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted
6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, O LORD;
11 Teach me your way, O LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.
13 I am still confident of this:
13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
5 comments:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:5-6 This is the very first verse that I memorized and it has stuck with me ever since. God has pointed me to it many many times in my life so far.
"BE STILL! AND KNOW THAT I AM
GOD! I WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE
NATIONS, I WILL BE EXALTED IN THE
EARTH." Ps.46:10
In the BUSYness of life and the
sometimes chaos of many priorities,
I found rest and peace in the words
of Psalm 46 in total and particularly in verse 10 "BE STILL!!" (To be quiet inside) and then to "KNOW that I AM GOD" (in other words the great "I AM" is GOD!!!)
My God and Lord is in charge of all that happens to me and my loved ones
in this world and I have a promise of eternity in Heaven with those
loved ones in Christ.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
I remember this verse from when I was a kid. My Bible had a picture of a man stamped from a mold of the world. It is so important to be transformed, and renewed the way to renew your MIND IS TO SHUT OF YOUR TV OR COMPUTER AND READ GOD'S WORD. And how WONDERFUL it would be to know the good will of God, the acceptable will of God, and the perfect will of God!
I love to read all of the Psalms. They are comforting. Psalm 23 is my favorite. Since you have already posted it I will not duplicate it again here.
John 14: 1-4
Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am there ye may be also. And whither I go you know and the way you know.
Also, I like When He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. I believe it is in Job.
Thank you for sharing your heart. Praying all your family will be healthy for Thanksgiving.
You really communicate very well.
Post a Comment