Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Monday, April 26, 2010

My shadow

my shadow enjoying a treat as she helped me make her mama's birthday treat



Laundry.....is never ending....I have never been truly caught up on it for more than a few hours when I see the first, dirty item taking up space again in the laundry room.
*****
Needless to say, I spend quite a bit of time in and out of this particular room throughout the day. O'Deller loves to follow me and help, she has helped hand me things for quite a while, she loves to help. Today we practiced her colors.....I would take something out of the "colors" basket and say the color. She was able to tell me correctly, the color of each item she handed me! She continually amazes me at what she does, says, learns, mimics, she is a true source of joy to me.
****
in the mornings I love to hear my shadows feet come pounding down the hall, "grammy, grammy" and she climbs up on my bed which is fluffy with comforters and pillows, we then chat and giggle as she hides under the covers and pulls them up like a tent.
****
my shadow's favorite song is Amazing Grace.....she loves her "brudder", likes to rush meal time prayers by saying "Amen" as soon as we bow our heads, insists we all hold hands, she thinks all books are hymnals and will open up an book off the shelf and proceed to "sing" out of it a tune of her own making. She loves ladybugs, sneezes in threes, sucks her right thumb and has little chunky, wide Flintstone feet, or hobbit feet without the hair ♥
* **** *
I treasure my moments with my shadow, God works through her in many ways to help heal my heart, in moments when I don't even realize I need it.
I am thankful.