Verse of the Day

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Updates....

I have been somewhat quiet on here but I am doing good, God is ever-present in our lives and I am thankful.
*****
Joy in the season has returned slowly and I am so thankful for Him restoring this love of mine.
****
I finally had my oral surgery this week and my children took good care of me; family and friends checked in on me and I did receive a few loving admonishments, right Mom? I tend to want to DO, I do not like to sit, especially this time of year. The day of the surgery my oldest son took me and the nurse asked, "Are all of your children this protective?", and I had opportunity to share just why and how yes, all of my children seem to watch me like a hawk, any little ache, pain, cold, flu since losing their Dad is noticed by them in detail and they are lovingly helpful and caring. Praise the Lord, healing is occuring, pain and swelling are down, no bruising. Lots of natural products are helping. Am I less wise? Probably, but not from the removal of a wisdom tooth, but my own will ♥
*****
We have a run of birthdays this month......Saturday kicks of an every-other-day run of them beginning with my oldest daughter, then my mother in law, then, me. The thing I most look forward to on my birthday is my birthday supper......for years I requested my hubby's beef stroganoff, oh my, it was quite tasty and he was always a good cook, he left the kitchen a mess, but it was well worth it. This year our oldest son will be smoking a couple of chickens.....he is excellent at the grill/smoker. I actually would like to just skip over my birthday most years, especially this one without my sweet prince, but I can't get by with that with kids in the house!
*****
O'Deller is potty-trained! Another big event.....she has been for about a month, but she just gets better and better at it. It takes a lot of effort on her Mommy's part, so am proud of her as well for being consistent.
******
"Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."
Psalm 34:8

No comments: